A vivid and comprehensive account
in the US when abortion was a crime
Produced, directed and edited by Daniel Friedman & Sharon
Grimberg (47 min.)
"A must for everyone who cares about the reproductive rights of
women . . . A rare opportunity to hear women of color and others in the community describe the realities of illegal abortion."
—The New Our Bodies, Our Selves
"This sympathetic and powerful production recalls a chilling era
in the chronicle of the abortion debate in the U.S."
- Silver Plaque, Social/Political Documentary, Chicago International
- Director's Citation, Black Maria Film Festival
- Best Social Issue Documentary, National Federation of Community Broadcasters
- Dallas Video Festival
- Image Media Arts Center, Atlanta
- Society for the Study of Social Problems
- Human Rights Film Festival, WNYC-TV
Other Work by Daniel Friedman & Sharon
For more information about Back-Alley Detroit, contact Urban Life Productions, 1500 SW Park Avenue #401, Portland, Oregon 97201, (503) 228-8615, firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to Back-Alley Detroit, there are a number of other excellent films and videos on the history of abortion in the US.